A lease for the grand house on the banks of the River Severn was taken out on 16th May 1751 and on the 4th June, the 15 partners signed a deed to officially establish the ‘Worcester Tonquin Manufacture’.
In 1862 Kerr returned to his native Ireland and under the leadership of Richard Binns, with established new materials, new bodies & improved glazes and with properly trained staff the Worcester factory climbed to new heights of success.
Then to Chamberlain & Co (1840-1850) when Flight, Barr and their arch rival Chamberlain joined forces.
In 1852 Irishmen, Richard William Binns (1819-1900) and William Henry Kerr (1823-1879) took over the management of the Chamberlain & Co. The factory had been ravaged by fire and an extensive building programme took place in the 1850’s.
It sold its porcelain through a warehouse in Aldersgate Street, London and from Samuel Bradley’s shop in Worcester High Street.
Worcester played a major role in the development of the English porcelain tradition, going through several name changes over the years and merging or taking over other manufacturers.
They trust their partners in decision-making women of the East-Mst do leave their partners decision.